Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

My note to Voinovich

After hearing one of my two senators, Sen. George Voinovich, make reprehensible comments during the confirmation hearings I figured he needed constituent feedback. So, being a civic minded sort I sent him the following email.

Senator Voinovich,

I'm just writing to express my disappointment with your behavior in handling the nomination of John Bolton to be U.N. Ambassador. We elected you believing you were a Republican with the experience and savvy to understand and ignore the malicious lies Dems have been tossing at the president's nominees. If I had wanted a senator who would take marching orders from the duplicitous Joe Biden I would have voted for your opponent. There is no reason to have a Republican majority if we are too weak-kneed to exercise it.
Sincerely,


The worst part of the hearing was Sen. Voinovich commenting to the nominee that if he behaved the way he is accused of in the private sector he would have been fired. That brings to mind a couple points.
1. How would Voinovich know about business practices in the private sector since he has been in government employment of some sort or another since election as a State Representative in 1967?
2. If Voinovich was in the private sector he might have been fired for missing all the previous committee hearings.

Don't bother calling the senator's office, they took the phone off the hook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/