Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Insurance is NOT just for home owners!!!

I'm sure I'll be considered cold-hearted by some who read this post. Urging people to be responsible can come across that way. Several of the baseball/sports related blogs I read have had posts the last couple days asking people to donate to a fellow blogger who lost all his belongings in an apartment fire. My first thought was okay the guy needs a couple bucks to tide himself over until his insurance agent can stroke a check. Nope, that's not the case at all. This guy had no insurance. WHAT? I'm not telling people not to help this guy out. Do whatever you want. However, it is my own belief that when bad decisions have no consequences it breeds other people to make poor decisions.

Before anyone asks, no I'm not an insurance agent. This is just another symptom of what we have been doing as a society. We are moving towards "means testing" social security. That means if you've been responsible and saved for retirement you don't get social security. However, if you went through life spending every cent you made you would get social security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/