Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Who is Ed Carafa?

Most people know Bob Dole. Dole the longtime senator from Kansas and husband of the current North Carolina senator (Liddy Dole) was the Republican nominee for the presidency in 1996.

Hardly anyone knows of Ed Carafa. However, if it wasn't for the heroism and actions of Mr. Carafa none of us would have ever heard of Bob Dole. Carafa who died Sunday saved Dole's life during World War II after Dole had been badly wounded in Italy.
The episode is recounted in Dole's memoir, "One Soldier's Story." It includes an account by Carafa of the day, praying and crying as he dragged the badly wounded Dole.

"His arm was outstretched, so I grabbed his arm and I yanked him," Carafa says in the book. "He gave a holler and passed out. I couldn't budge him. I was 5'5", 145 pounds. He was a six-footer and close to two hundred pounds. I just kept praying to God to help me. I finally got some strength, and I started dragging him. When I couldn't drag him anymore, I just shoved and rolled him along, down the incline. ... He was all shot up. His whole right side, from his shoulder down to his waist. But he was still alive. Face white, barely breathing, but alive."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/