Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Churches Closed for Christmas?

I've never heard the term mega-church before, but if this is standard practice for them then I just don't get it.
Some of the nation's most prominent megachurches have decided not to hold worship services on the Sunday that coincides with Christmas Day, a move that is generating controversy among evangelical Christians. Megachurch leaders say that the decision is in keeping with their innovative and "family friendly" approach and that they are compensating in other ways. Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Ill., always a pacesetter among megachurches, is handing out a DVD it produced for the occasion that features a heartwarming contemporary Christmas tale.
A DVD? Sounds like just another made for TV Christmas special. Some of the Christmas specials are better than the usual junk on TV but I don't see it as a replacement for attending services.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote a mini-Christmas carol just for the occasion:

Parody: There’s No Church on Christmas (at Some Megachurches)
http://www.bizzyblog.com/?p=1012

Tom Blumer
BizzyBlog.com

6:42 PM

 
Blogger LargeBill said...

Yeah, I've tuned out the various protests over who is or isn't saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays." I think I'll base my shopping on price.

7:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/