Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Monday, June 18, 2007

An argument against "Life" sentences

The people who argue against the death penalty will claim you can just lock murderers up for life. Tell that to these two women who now are being told a parole board wants to release their mother's murderer.
The half sisters are reunited now, unified in their resolve to reverse a decision granting parole to their mother's killer.

They believe their father and stepfather, William Clumm, should die behind bars for what he did to their mother -- and to them.

"He killed my mother in cold blood," Janna Manes said of her stepfather. Now a New York City lawyer, she awoke that April morning with a sense that something was irreversibly wrong.

"This has haunted me for 30 years. I still have fears, nightmares and memories.

"But I could always tell myself, 'It's OK, he's in prison.' Now, I'm constantly going to be looking over my shoulder. I shouldn't have to do that … my rights should trump his."
Our taxes have fed and clothed this murderer for 30 years. I don't know how much we have spent keeping him alive, but I'm sure it was a heck of a lot more than the cost of a length of rope (or a bullet or a few thousand watts of electricity) to handle the problem properly.

(H/T Lincoln Logs)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/