Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Lithium battery problems!!!!!!

WOW!!! Each morning my wife uses a small flashlight to find stuff so she doesn't have to turn on the main bedroom light and wake me up. Very considerate, huh? Well, today the flashlight didn't work. She managed without the light and then went downstairs for coffee and to get ready to go to work. All of a sudden there is a loud boom. Took me a few seconds to respond as it sort of fit in with the crazy dream I was having. But I smelled something and looked up and my bed was on fire. I woke up quickly then! I ran to the bathroom and soaked a towel and then smothered the fires on the bed and on my wife's dresser. What a way to start your day.

I did a Google search on just three words "lithium, battery and fire" and got over 200 thousand hits. Turns out these things are highly explosive and when they do explode they can burn at temperatures exceeding 1,000 degrees. Make your own decisions but no more of those damn things are coming in my house. I think we need a new bedspread and blanket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/