Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Ten days until pitchers and catchers report

The Super Bowl is over and football is in the rearview mirror. Time to start thinking about baseball. I believe the trucks are heading towards Florida with all the gear as I type. With Ordonez signing a deal with Detroit, all the big name free agents are under contract and not much should happen between now and spring training camps opening up. Doing some surfing this morning it appears unanimous that the Tigers way overpaid for Magglio Ordonez. Don't get me wrong, I think Ordonez has been underrated throughout his career. However, paying a guy who hasn't played a game since blowing out his knee more than Vladimir Guerrero doesn't make sense. Even if Ordonez is completely healthy Vlad is a better player. More important than whether the Tigers are spending their money wisely is the question of how this effects the AL Central race. I could give a quick on line answer but that really won't suffice. Instead over the next week I'll post position by position comparison of all the AL Central teams. I rank and discuss the players 1 to 5 and then add the scores. This afternoon I'll start with a look at the catchers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/