Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Why are Ohio's two senators silent?

Two days ago Sen. Dick Durbin made a reprehensible statement on the Senate floor comparing GITMO (and by extension our soldiers running that camp) to NAZI concentration camps (about 6 million killed), the Soviet Gulags (between 14 and 19 million killed) and the killing fields of Pol Pot. Since then a few senators have condemned Durbin's virulently anti-American comments. However, the news reports I've seen have not mentioned either Senator from Ohio. I called George Voinovich's office and Mike DeWine's office and got essentially the same answer "The senator has not taken a position on that." I politely explained that I would appreciate the senator making it clear where he comes down on this issue. I went on to say that this is not a Republican vs. Democrat issue but rather an American vs. anti-American issue and I would expect 99 senators to quickly denounce Durbin's rhetoric.

As always, Michelle Malkin is all over this and has many relevant links.
Don Surber weighs in with an examination of some things which Sen. Durbin hasn't denounced.
Grouchy Old Cripple takes off the gloves and gives Durbin a bare knuckle beating. He's pissed so be prepared for strong language.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are wrong. It is a America vs America hater issue as well as a GOP vs Democrat issue.
Zell Miller was right!
Rod Stranton

3:42 PM

 
Blogger LargeBill said...

Rod,
Maybe I should have said that it shouldn't be a Republican vs. Democrat issue as all 99 other senators should condemn Durbin.
And Zell Miller is almost always right.
Bill

4:14 PM

 
Blogger Richard said...

I would call my senators, but I'm pretty sure I already know where they stand.

10:56 PM

 
Blogger LargeBill said...

Richard,

You're right on that count. Babs would probably say Durbin didn't go far enough.

5:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/