Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Baseball predictions a quarter of the way through the season

With a little more than a quarter of the baseball season behind us I thought it would be a good time to look at my pre-season predictions.
In the American League, I had the Red Sox, Indians and Athletics winning their respective divisions. The Red Sox are in first, the Indians are in third and the Athletics are a half game out of 1st.
In the National League, I expected the Mets, Cardinals and Padres to win their divisions. The Mets and Cards are in first, but the Padres are in 4th after getting off to a miserable start in April.
I'll stick with all my original picks. However, I'll admit that my pick of the Indians may have been affected by a severe case of homeritis.

It is way too early to consider any of the individual awards, but the pick of Thome for comeback player of the year is looking pretty good. Heck, he is making a strong case for AL MVP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/