Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tuesday's links and comments

Former senator and Democratic vice presidential nominee in 1988, Lloyd Bentsen passed away. Prayers go out to his family. Sen. Bentsen is best remembered for an exchange with Sen. Dan Quayle during the debates leading up to the 1988 election.
BROKAW: And if you cite the experience that you had in Congress, surely you must have some plan in mind about what you would do if it fell to you to become President of the United States, as it has to so many Vice Presidents just in the last 25 years or so.

QUAYLE: Let me try to answer the question one more time. I think this is the fourth time that I've had this question.

BROKAW: The third time.

QUAYLE: Three times that I've had this question - and I will try to answer it again for you, as clearly as I can, because the question you are asking is what kind of qualifications does Dan Quayle have to be president, what kind of qualifications do I have and what would I do in this kind of a situation. And what would I do in this situation? I would make sure that the people in the cabinet and the people that are advisors to the president are called in, and I would talk to them, and I will work with them. And I will know them on a firsthand basis, because as vice president I will sit on the National Security Council. And I will know them on a firsthand basis, because I'm going to be coordinating the drug effort. And then, if that unfortunate situation happens - if that situation, which would be very tragic, happens, I will be prepared to carry out the responsibilities of the presidency of the United States of America. And I will be prepared to do that. I will be prepared not only because of my service in the Congress, but because of my ability to communicate and to lead. It is not just age; it's accomplishments, it's experience. I have far more experience than many others that sought the office of vice president of this country. I have as much experience in the Congress as Jack Kennedy did when he sought the presidency. I will be prepared to deal with the people in the Bush administration, if that unfortunate event would ever occur.

WOODRUFF: Senator Bentsen.

BENTSEN: Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy.

Someone else with no chance of winning is considering running for president.
Sen. Christopher J. Dodd said Monday he has "decided to do all the things that are necessary to prepare to seek the presidency in 2008."
Beyond his decades of senate votes to defend, Dodd's campaign would be plagued by the stories of his antics when he and Ted Kennedy would go out carousing (the term "waitress sandwich" comes to mind).

If you need a laugh, here is an article by noted political strategist Jesse Jackson.

Investor's Business Daily asks the question: "Who's Corrupt?" Politics: Haven't heard much lately about Democrats' plans to make an issue of the GOP's "culture of corruption" in the 2006 elections. Could it be they just don't want to call attention to their own scandals?

Went to the Reds game last night. Good game. Reds won 15 to 5. Brandon Phillips signed a baseball for my daughter and then went out and had a four hit night. However, even though the Reds basically got Phillips from the Indians for nothing, the steal of the year remains last nights starting pitcher. Bronson Arroyo raised his record to 6-2 and lowered his ERA to a league leading 2.29.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/