Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Who can relieve O'Connor

Many people are guessing who the president will name to replace Justice O'Connor. Well, I think we need to consider the qualifications before we decide who should be nominated.
Does the nominee have to be an appeals court judge?
Does the nominee have to have judicial experience at any level?
Does the nominee need to have political experience?
Does the nominee even need to be a lawyer?
Actually, the U.S. Constitution does not require any specific qualifications for Supreme Court judges. The Constitution states U.S. Representatives must be 25 years of age, Senators must be 30 years old, President and Vice President must be natural born citizens and 35 years old. However, there are no specific requirements for judges. Other than my desire not to live in D.C. I meet all the requirements to succeed O'Connor. Heck, my nine year old son meets all the actual requirements. I doubt either of us are on the short list (or long one for that matter).

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Well then I may as well throw my hat in the ring too...

9:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/