Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

A non-frivilous lawsuit?

I occasionally mock the actions of lawyers and others who attempt to turn personal tragedies into winning lottery tickets, but I have to make an exception for this guy.
An Air Force veteran has filed a federal claim after an operation at a Veterans Administration hospital in which a healthy testicle was removed instead of a potentially cancerous one.
I can just see the doctor in surgery talking to himself "Now, was it my left or his? Oh well, I have a 50/50 chance of being right, no sense wasting time double checking." Amazing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Bill;

Maybe not the best example, but it does point to the problem with socialized medicine. 20(+) years of military life demonstrated that to me.

11:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wrong site surgery occurs in all medical delivery systems. It does not occur more frequently in military medicine or managed medicine.

8:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/