Another cog in the wheel known as the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to combat the Extreme Left-Wing Media.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

He should have listened to grandma

Grandma's seem to have pretty straight forward advice. One piece of grandmotherly advice is "nothing good happens after 11PM." Indians pitcher Scott Sauerbeck could have benefited from that advice Monday night (okay, actually Tuesday morning).
Police say they spotted a 1966 Lincoln convertible, with the top down and Florida plates, driving erratically toward Sheffield at 3:45 a.m. Sheffield Village police were alerted and followed the car when it turned into the Abbe Road driveway. Sheffield Village police arrested Sauerbeck, 34, and Lily Miller, 28, after they fled the car. It took police 45 minutes to find Sauerbeck and Miller, who were hiding between a house and some bushes, after apparently jumping a chain link chain-link fence.
See IF you can find the key word in his apology.
Sauerbeck was grim and apologetic by Tuesday afternoon. ``I want to apologize to my family, my teammates, the organization and the fans, if I caused them any embarrassment,'' he said. ``I'm sorry if I created a distraction for my teammates. Usually I'm a low-key guy.''
If? IF! Hey, Scott call your wife and ask her if you have any doubt IF you caused her any embarrassment when you were arrested in the wee-hours of the morning with some drunk woman driving your car. My guess is she is somewhat less confused about whether that is embarrassing.

Sauerbeck would have been better off saying nothing. He continued to confuse us with his next comment.
“In trying to do the right thing,; I made a terrible error in judgment,” Sauerbeck said. “It’s something I’ve I’m going to have to life with the rest of my life. I’m a big boy, and I’m going to have to deal with it.”
He didn't expound of what he meant by "trying to do the right thing." Did he mean letting the drunk drive his vehicle or hiding in the bushes? Because he wasn't driving they didn't test his BAC, but hers was more than 3 times the legal limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

http://easy-hit-counters.com/